School Site Council & English Learner Advisory Committee
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/scv-surg-mpz
Or dial: (US) +1 470-485-1677 PIN: 923 974 122#
ENGLISH LEARNER ADVISORY COUNCIL
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SCHOOL SITE COUNCIL
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SSC of Fred W. Hosler Middle School, hereinafter referred to as the SSC, shall carry out the following duties:
- Obtain recommendations for, and review of, the proposed SPSA from all school advisory committees
- Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all state and federal laws and regulations
- Recommend the SPSA and expenditures to the governing board for approval
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the SPSA with the principal, teachers, and other school staff members
- Make modifications to the SPSA whenever the need arises
- Submit the modified SPSA for governing board approval whenever a material change (as defined in district governing board policy) is made in planned activities or related expenditures
- Annually (and at each semester, trimester, etc) evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students All decisions are based upon student achievement data, multiple assessment data and research-based strategies designed to assure ALL students meet the standards.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the SSC by the district governing board and by state law
Section 1: Size and Composition
- The School Site Council shall be composed of twelve (12) members and alternate members per each representing group.
- The needs and resources of school improvement require that membership include broad representation of parents, students and school staff, including all socioeconomic and ethnic groups represented in the school attendance area. The Council shall be constituted to ensure parity among the Principal, Classroom Teachers, and other school personnel and equal numbers of parents and pupils. Classroom teachers shall constitute the majority of those persons representing school staff. Council members representing parents and/or community members may be employees of the school district, but may not serve as a parent representative at the site of employment.
- Representatives of the council shall be as follows: 1) the school Principal; 2) four (4) classroom teachers elected by teachers at the school; 3) one (1) other school personnel at the school elected by other school personnel at the school; 4) three (3) community and/or parents of students at the school elected by parents at the school; 5) three (3) students elected by students at the school. (There could be 4 parents and 2 students)
- Council members representing parents and/or community members may be employees of the school district, but may not serve as a parent representative at the site of employment.
Section 1: Officers
The officers of the School Site Council shall be elected annually and shall serve for one school year or until each successor has been elected. The officers shall be a Chairperson, Vice Chairperson and any other officer, as the council deems necessary. The Principal holds the office of Secretary and may assign the responsibility to the appropriate school personnel. Minutes of all meetings shall be recorded, approved and filed.
The chairperson shall:
- Preside at all meetings of the SSC
- Sign all letters, reports, and other communications of the SSC
- Perform all duties incident to the office of the chairperson
- Have other such duties as are prescribed by the SSC The vice-chairperson shall:
- Represent the chairperson in assigned duties
- Substitute for the chairperson in his or her absence The secretary shall:
- Keep minutes of all regular and special meetings of the SSC
- Transmit true and correct copies of the minutes of such meetings to members of the SSC and to the following other persons:
- Provide all notices in accordance with these bylaws
- Be custodian of the records of the SSC
- Keep a register of the names, addresses and telephone numbers of each member of the SSC, the chairpersons of school advisory committees, and others with whom the SSC has regular dealings, as furnished by those persons
- Perform other such duties as are assigned by the chairperson or the SSC